Best Castles in Denia
Local Recommendations from our My Guide Alicante team
Castles are fabulous places to visit for people with fertile imaginations. The dank, dark dungeons, towers imprisoning beautiful princesses, battles, firing cannons and throwing boiling oil over advancing enemies.
Towns and villages throughout the Alicante region have some impressive castles to visit. Alicante city has a large mountain-top castle where you can enjoy fabulous Mediterranean views. Denia castle is another impressive hilltop fortress which provides a stunning backdrop to the town. Moraira castle sits by the sea and is the setting for its annual music festival. Orihuela has many impressive architectural gems, including its castle.
Book Top Experiences and Tours in Alicante:If youʻre booking your trip to Alicante last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Alicante: Canelobre Caves Tour with Transport
- From Albir and Benidorm: Day Trip to Alicante by Coach
- Alicante: Seven Secrets of Alicante Discovery Tour
- Alicante: Secret Flavors Food Tour
- From Costa Blanca: Chulilla and the Hanging Bridges Day Trip