Best Food and Drink in Orihuela
Local Recommendations from our My Guide Alicante team
The Alicante region is a gourmet's paradise with local produce such as cheese, olives, oils, honeys and chocolate as well as wine and cava. The supermarkets will stock a range of these as well as food and drink from around the world.
The main supermarkets such as Mercadona, Consum, Mas y Mas, Lidl and Aldi are open all day and do not shut in the afternoon. Smaller stores may still shut for a siesta. Check out the small delicatessans or indoor market stores for delicacies such as pates, ham, cheese and stuffed olives, for example. Specialist wine stores will also have a vast range of Spanish wines, including those from the Alicante region, such as those from the Mendoza or Xalo vineyards.
Book Top Experiences and Tours in Alicante:If youʻre booking your trip to Alicante last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Costa Blanca: Chulilla and the Hanging Bridges Day Trip
- From Albir and Benidorm: Day Trip to Alicante by Coach
- Alicante Charming Villages Tour: Villajoyosa and Altea
- Alicante: Secret Flavors Food Tour
- Alicante: Seven Secrets of Alicante Discovery Tour